Entertainment Duty is levied and Collected under the provisions of the Sindh Entertainment Duty Act, 1958 and Rules framed there under. It is collected at certain percentage of rate admission of Place of Entertainment except cinemas. The Govt has notified the fixed rate on Cinemas to provide incentive to Cinemas Public and relief to film industry.
- Entertainment Duty is levied on entertainment places such as Dramas, Plays, Amusements, Parks, Variety Programs and Sports etc. on the following rates.
- Presently no duty is being collected from Cinemas.
- Dramas, plays, variety Programs 10% of the payment for admission.
- Games and Sports 5% of the payment for admission.
- Items of amusement other than above 25% of the payment for admission.